NOTICE OF VACANCY IN THE OFFICE OF COUNCILLOR
- There is a vacancy on the Council caused by Resignation of Councillor Ann Wise
- A by-election to fill the vacancy will be held if within 14 days (not counting a Saturday or Sunday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Good Friday, or a Bank Holiday) from the date below ten electors for the ward/parish give notice in writing claiming such an election to the Returning Officer.
- The address of The Returning Officer is:
South Kesteven District Council, St. Peter’s Hill, Grantham, Lincs, NG31 6PZ
- Signed requests for an election should be sent by email to email@example.com. A photograph or scanned copy of a signed letter will be acceptable.
- Where ten valid requests for a by-election are received by the Returning Officer, under the provisions of the Coronavirus Act 2020 and The Local Government and Police and Crime Commissioner (Coronavirus) (Postponement of Elections and Referendums) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020 the by-election will not currently take place, and the vacancy will be held open until the by-election takes place. The 2020 regulations provide for the by-election to take place on 6 May 2021. Any election that is called will be duly publicised as required by law.
- If an election is not requested, the Parish Council will fill the vacancy by co- option.
Dated: 1st October 2020 Signed: Bob Warren, Clerk
Address: 6 Staffhouses, Brandon Road, Stubton, NG23 5BY