Information from the SKDC website.
SK Community Awards 2021
It’s time to nominate our community stars!
We have launched the SK Community Awards to celebrate South Kesteven’s community champions.
With multiple categories, the SK Community Awards are designed to shine a light on the people and organisations who go above and beyond to help others and make a real difference to their communities.
Let’s celebrate our community champions and give them the recognition they deserve.
Nominating is quick and easy to do
- Take a look at the categories below (and don’t worry – you can enter the same person or group into multiple categories).
- Take a look at the helpful hints further down this web page. The most important part of nominating is telling us why the person or group deserves to be recognised – and remember nothing is too big or too small.
- Fill in our online nomination form. Nominate by 18 July 2021.
- That’s all you need to do – but do tell others about the SK Community Awards and encourage them to nominate too!
Other ways to nominate
You can also download a PDF version here if you want to handwrite your nomination. Paper copies of the form can be requested from the SK Community Hub by emailing email@example.com or calling 01476 40 61 61.
Nominations should be posted to:
SK Community Awards, South Kesteven District Council, St Peter’s Hill, Grantham NG31 6QZ.
Our awards cover a wide range of activities and community efforts, and are designed to encourage nominations across the board.
Community Wellbeing Champion Award
With exercise and activity proven to help people keep mentally and physically fit, this award recognises those people who help keep others active or inspire others to be active. Many people have displayed amazing aptitude, such as help with community gardening, men’s sheds, online physical activity and mindfulness, all contributing to community wellbeing.
Inspirational Young Person Award
The following awards are not open to public nominations, but will be determined by our Cabinet Member for People and Safer Communities, Cllr Annie Mason, from nominations received for other categories.
Judging and announcing the winners
Make sure your nomination is sent in by Sunday 18 July. Entries will be judged during the summer and the winners announced in the September issue of SKDC’s magazine for residents, SK Today.
The winners will receive a certificate and a commemorative trophy.
- The awards are a chance to give people the recognition they deserve
- We ask for up to 200 words explaining why the nominee deserves an award – tell us as much as you can on why the nominee should be celebrated. What did they do that made a difference?
- Nothing is too big or too small – we want to celebrate all our community champions
- Please give the name and other details of the person you are nominating
Otherwise, the nomination process is pretty simple:
- If there is something that is unclear, please contact us. We are here to help
- Tell other people about the awards
- The judging panel may move entries into a different category
- The activity nominated must benefit others in South Kesteven