Following the recent resignation of Ann Wise, there is an opportunity to join Stubton Parish Council via co-option, please review the notice below if you are interested in becoming a councillor for Stubton. PARISH COUNCIL VACANCY NOTICE
Stubton Parish Council could have 5 members, currently there are the following 4 members in office:
Councillors must be:
- Aged 18 or over;
- A citizen of the UK, Commonwealth, EU or Ireland;
- On the electoral roll, or reside in the parish, or own land or work in or within 3 miles of the parish;
- Not disqualified from holding public office.
- Be able to attend regular evening meetings (one meeting per month plus others as required);
- Be interested in local issues, preferably not just a single issue;
- Have an understanding and willingness to represent the views of the whole community; and
- Have a willingness to be a professional and effective councillor.