Lincolnshire County Council Press Release – 18th August 2021
Anyone who regularly travels through Grantham, Sleaford, Skegness and Mablethorpe are encouraged to have a say in how each town’s transport network looks over the next twenty years.
People living and working in these areas, along with businesses and other local groups, will have the opportunity to ask questions and share their experiences, visions and ideas for improving the transport network in each town at a series of upcoming drop-in sessions.
The information gathered will be used to create new transport strategies that will include proposals for improving local transport both now and in the future.
Local Transport Strategy drop-in events:
- Grantham Transport Strategy Engagement
- Thursday 9 September, 10am to 6pm – Isaac Newton Shopping Centre (Grantham NG31 6EE)
- Saturday 11 September, 10am to 3pm – Isaac Newton Shopping Centre (Grantham NG31 6EE)
- Sleaford Transport Strategy Engagement
- Saturday 18 September, 10am to 3pm – Riverside Church (Southgate, B1517, Sleaford NG34 7RY)
- Thursday 23 September, 10am to 6pm – Riverside Church (Southgate, B1517, Sleaford NG34 7RY)
- Skegness / Mablethorpe Transport Strategy Engagement
- Saturday 25 September, 10am to 3pm – Outside The Original Factory Shop (43 High St, Mablethorpe LN12 1AX)
- Thursday 30 September, 10am to 7pm – Hildreds Shopping Centre (Briar Way, Skegness PE25 3NR)
- Saturday 2 October, 10am to 3pm – Hildreds Shopping Centre (Briar Way, Skegness PE25 3NR)
Cllr Richard Davies, executive member for highways, said:
“The pop-up events we have planned are the perfect opportunity for people to share their ideas on how to make getting into and around all four towns quicker and easier.
“During the drop-ins, we want as many people as possible to complete our questionnaire to tell us about their recent experiences and their expectations for the next twenty years.
“This information will then feed into the three new strategies we’re working on – one for Grantham, one for Sleaford and one for Skegness and Mablethorpe.
“Those that can’t make it to our engagement events can complete the surveys online at www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/engagement once live.”
The start and end dates for each location’s transport strategy survey are as follows:
- Grantham – Monday 6 September to Friday 8 October
- Sleaford – Friday 17 September to Friday 22 October
- Skegness and Mablethorpe – Saturday 25 September to Friday 29 October
Cllr Davies added: “Grantham, Sleaford, Skegness and Mablethorpe all play incredibly important roles within Lincolnshire, which is why we’re committed to improving and investing in local infrastructure and transport services for all four.
“It’s not just the people living, working and visiting each of these towns that rely on good transport connections, though.
“Businesses also need a strong transport network to move goods between villages, towns and cities, so the new strategies will have major economic benefits as well.”
For up-to-date information about all three transport strategies, visit www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/engagement.